Chemical Industry Pallet Spec.
1. Recommended nominal base dimensions +3mm (1/8") tolerance:
1200 x 1000mm (48" x 40")
1300 x 1100mm (52" x 44")
1140 x 1140mm (45" x 45")
2. Maximum recommended platform height 155 mm (6")
3. Square in each direction.
NOTE: The difference in length of the
two diagonals should not exceed 13 mm (1/2").
4. Four-way, partial four-way, or two way entry.
5. Should be capable of accommodating pallet jacks.
Note:For acceptable performance it is recommended that pallet jack openings have a minimum width of 305mm
(12") and a minimum height of 95.mm (3 3/4) when under maximum load. The bottom
surface should have 305 mm (12") square openings properly placed for
pallet jack wheels. The center support should be a maximum of 155 mm (6") wide.
6. Top and bottom bearing surfaces should be designed to support the
intended weight and package type; be flat, non-skid and have no
indentations or protrusions that could cause product damage. For acceptable performance it is
recommended that the top bearing surface have a minimum coverage of 62
percent and the bottom bearing surface have a minimum coverage of 45
7. Maximum recommended deflection of loaded pallet if racked: 12 mm
8. No protruding fasteners.
9. Should be made of recyclable materials.
10. Compatible in at least one direction with pallet conveyors,
dispensers and automatic storage/retrieval systems.
11. Minimum recommended load capacity: One metric ton.
12. Should be capable of multiple stackings.
13. Should be capable of multiple trips.
14. Should be capable of safely moving product through it entire